Wednesday, June 26, 2013

CISOMB gracefully backs out

The title of this post says it all doesn’t it?


To: Deza

I heard back from Senator Franken’s Office. They informed me that they have been in touch with the California Service Center (CSC), and the CSC is currently working on locating your husband’s file to address it. As I mentioned in our phone call, when two government offices duplicate a request to CSC it may only cause delays rather than expedite a resolution. Since Senator Franken’s office has already initiated a request to CSC on your behalf, our office will close your inquiry. However, if you find that at some point in the future you need our help, we will be happy to reopen your inquiry and see how we can assist you.

I wish you the best of luck as you work to resolve your husband’s case. Many thanks,
Lara


Since Lance was copied on the emails from Lara, I asked him quickly if we should allow this case to be closed much as I had done last time. Lance said he preferred to work with the CISOMB office and considered the Senator to be an outside source of assistance. Since the Senator’s office was already working on getting our immigration file, we would give them another 45 days before going back to the CISOMB office for additional assistance.


To: Lara

I apologize for the delay in my response, but I wanted to let you know that I appreciate your email.

I understand the difficulties involved when multiple government offices submit nearly identical requests; we have many of the same issues at my place of employment when individuals call multiple times for the status of their financial assistance applications. Applications then either become misfiled or simply vanish for weeks or months at a time. That being said, understanding the process does not make it any easier when it is your life on hold indefinitely.

I will keep the CIS Ombudsman office in mind if I find later on that we require assistance, and I will let you know ultimately what becomes of my family. Thank you for your time Lara, I wish you nothing but the best.

With hope,
Deza


The email response to Lara was an exquisitely crafted work of art. I understood the difficulties inherent in the system, described a similar issue in my own place of employment, and left the gate open in case we needed her help in the future. I will let her know what happens to our family, whether it is our dreams or nightmares that come true would be up to the USCIS. In the end I felt better having allowed Lara to retreat without losing face, even though I added a few of the picture of our family to the response I sent. I still believe that it is essential for all government officials to see us, the families most affected by these miscarriages of justice, as people instead of numbers on a report.


To: Deza

Thank you so much Deza for your understanding and sharing the precious photos! I do hope that you are able to resolve your husband’s case quickly and please do keep our office in mind if you find you need additional help.

My best,
Lara



Interestingly enough, I believe her. Does that make me naïve or just hopeful?



Ciao





No comments:

Post a Comment