Thursday, January 3, 2013

Open Enrollment

Today I received paperwork to enroll Ashley in Kindergarten.  I was excited, then sad, and now I'm just a mess.  I'm just so angry and depressed that I want to hide in my room for the next week and a half.  Alberto has missed out on every single milestone in the life of our daughter; her first smile, haircut, tooth, steps, day of preschool...  EVERY.  SINGLE.  MILESTONE.  Now I get to enroll her in kindergarten, alone, as I have been every other time something big has happened.  So today I feel bitter, and no quantity of sugar-coated Hallmark sympathy cards from Wal-Mart is going to change that.

Wednesday I received good news even though it came with an unexpected (yet expected) delay.  Molly emailed me after hearing back from National Visa Center, the consulate has our file now!  I was so happy for about an hour and a half and then Molly emailed again saying that the consulate allows that they may have it, but it will take 6 weeks to update their system.  You have got to be kidding me, 6 weeks?  What in the hell are they going to do with our very large file until then - leave it in the bathroom to use as toilet paper and sanitary napkins?    I'm glad I didn't buy the plane tickets to see Alberto yet, but I feel like I'm being throttled by my own insecurities and anxiety.
I'm not sure what the next step will actually be.  Will they interview Alberto for a 4th time?  I'm guessing yes because it'll waste more time and money, a favorite pastime of the government.  Can't you just imagine someone in the consulate saying, "another medical exam, plane ticket, room and board for a week?  Sure, why the hell not, I mean she married a foreigner so let's bleed her dry.  They'll just be on welfare and medical assistance while spawning more anchor babies anyhow."  I'm sure someone out there is thinking just that right now...


I just want my husband back.  Pretty please?




Ciao

 

No comments:

Post a Comment