Monday, January 28, 2013

Escape to Paradise

I’ve filed my 2012 tax return so hopefully my refund will find its way to the bank soon although the IRS apparently doesn’t start looking at returns until Wednesday.  I can’t wait to buy my tickets, it’s been so long since I’ve seen my husband it’s almost more than I can bear.  I found something cool this weekend at Target that we can use for Ashley to sleep on in Mexico since we won’t have a bed for her.  It’s called an EZ bed, and it’s basically an air mattress with a fitted sheet that has a comforter attached to it.  It has horrible reviews, but as long as the thing holds air for 2 weeks it’ll have been well worth the $15 bucks I spent.  It’s really kind of cute.



I am living in a nightmare, but dawn is finally approaching thank God.  I honestly don’t know how much more of this I can take.  In another 2 weeks we should be hearing something from the Consulate in CDJ as their arbitrary ‘6 weeks to update our system’ time frame comes to an end.  I still don’t know what’s going to happen with CDJ, but I’m going to assume they’re going to demand we redo the whole interview process since that is what will cost me the most money.  I’m trying to remember just how much it was last time (December 2010) and I’m thinking it was around $800 total for travel, lodging, food, and the medical exam.  I just hope that money will not be a problem this time around.  Oh wait – I just received this email from the Senator’s office:

Hi Deza,

I received confirmation today that the National Visa Center received your file from USCIS at the Minnesota Processing Center on 1/23/2013.  They have some additional processing to do and will send the file to CDJ when it is completed.  I will continue to follow up and keep you informed.

Thanks,
Diana

I’m officially about to lose my goddamn mind here.  I can feel the icy hands of anxiety tightening around my throat; I don’t have time for a panic attack today, so I need to put on my big girl panties and keep moving forward.  I sent the email on to our attorney and received a response in a record-breaking 3 minutes:

That does not make a lot of sense if the NVC already told us it acted on the matter.   However, it may mean that it did its electronic processing, but is now coordinating the shipment of the physical file to CDJ.   The upheaval does not surprise me because so much is in flux these days.    

We will write to the NVC on the Monday, and push for a quick response.

Sincerely,
Lance

It just goes to show how well Lance knows me; the immediate reaction was to respond quickly in order to head off the coming panic attack.  I suppose at this point I should thank God it isn’t Tuesday, but then again tomorrow will be.  This is too much to deal with in a single day when compounded with the knot on my head that resulted from the unprovoked assault on my person by my daughter’s bunk bed.



“Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation.”
Graham Greene



Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment