Thursday, December 20, 2012

Business as usual

My husband has never been content with the status quo. It has been four months since Alberto left the United States with his brand new outlook on life. In that time he has gotten a job, fixed his car, and he is now buying an established business. He is determined to buy the creamery where he works from his boss despite the fact we don’t have the money to pay upfront. I asked him what he planned to do with the business if the waiver was approved and he said that this business would provide a way of life for his family. I don't know what other people might think but to me it seems like a win-win situation.  If worst comes to worst it would mean that we should have at least one income to help us survive in Mexico until we know what we're going to do next.  It’s almost a relief to know that we have at least one thing we can fall back on.

This living situation is driving me insane!  Carol is the single most disorganized person I have ever met, which is pretty bad coming from someone that more often than not cannot find a pair of socks that match. I haven’t been able to get to bed on time since they moved in and I’m not sure how much longer I can take it.  I‘ve told Carol that I have about 4 1/2 hours in which I can sleep Tuesday through Saturday; it is extremely important that I am able to get to bed by 9 o’clock because the less sleep I get, the less civilized I am.  I haven’t been able to get to bed before 10 pm because of the shenanigans.  I have been in a bad mood for over a week already and unfortunately I don’t anticipate this ending anytime soon.  Ashley will not go to bed if Kay is not in bed, and I can’t go to bed if Ashley is still up being the responsible adult that I am.

I want December and the Holidays to be over already.  Today is our 5 year anniversary, a fact that I had forgotten until approximately 5 minutes ago.  The anniversary of our marriage has never actually been celebrated since Alberto has either been out of the country or in jail on this date every year.  There is nothing lonelier than being without your spouse on family orientated holidays.  All the world is happy and smiling, rejoicing family togetherness, while I feel like sitting in my room all day looking at old pictures.

Maybe when all this is over we can renew our vows, to make it seem more like a brand-new start.  A destination ceremony would be awesome.  I can still dream about a private Mexican beach or a crazy Vegas wedding chapel, because I know either option would suit me just fine.



“In times of great stress or adversity, it is always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.”
Lee Iacocca



Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment