Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pins and Needles

Today is the day I talk about my newest obsession: PINTEREST!  I was introduced to this addictive website by a coworker almost a year ago, but I never actually took the time to look at the site until recently.  I was in need of a distraction, which Pinterest most definitely is.  I have pinned more projects than I will probably ever be able to complete!  I really think pinning is the best part, although some of the things I’ve pinned I really want to try.

My favorite topic is all about the bucks; how can I save a few making things myself?  Homemade laundry solutions (detergent, stain remover, oxy-clean, & fabric softener), household cleaners, and diy market bags (old t-shirts!) top my list of fascinating things to do.  Mom says I am forbidden from making my own detergent in her house since she believes I would just make a horrible mess.  After looking at my room again just now I’m inclined to agree with her assessment.

I want to learn to use my sewing machine to actually make something that requires a pattern.  I could make my own clothes if I ever got the time to sit down and figure things out.  I can only imagine owning clothing that fits without my less than adequate alteration attempts.  No more too short dress pants or button down dress shirts with cuffs that don’t come anywhere near my wrists.  I know they have tall girl stores, but have you ever seen the price tags on the clothing?  What kind of deranged lunatic can justify charging $80 for a pair of dress pants with a 34” inseam?  This is the reason I hate shopping; the clothing is too short/small or expensive, and shoes are too narrow/ugly or expensive.  Please let my daughter be blessed with an average height!

I have a board dedicated to fun things to do with children too!  I want to be the cool mom one of these days.  You remember that one friend whose mom always had fresh cookies, craft projects, and a miraculously clean house?  I want that for AShley and all the siblings I hope to give her someday.  I want to learn how to seize an opportunity and develop it until I get the maximum return possible.  I want so many things that no amount of money could buy.

Maybe what has really happened here is I’ve found the desire to return to the land of the living.  I want to do fun things again, and to be happy.  All I need is the opportunity to get it right this time.  All I need is my family to be whole again and I can take it from there.



“Don’t ask what the world needs.  Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.  Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
Howard Thurman



Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment