Monday, October 10, 2011

T minus 6 days and counting…

I can do this…  I can survive these last few days of anxiety and pain.  I will do whatever needs to be done.  I just need to relax and keep breathing.  Breathe in – hold – and breathe out.  Now that I think about it, this is an excellent time to research meditation and relaxation techniques, so if any of my readers out there have some tips to share I would love to hear them! 

I am averaging around 4 hours of sleep each night when I’m not tossing and turning.  Last night I stayed up until 1 am sorting clothes and packing boxes for whichever organization contacts us regarding donations first.  I’m up to 3 full boxes of clothes, with a fourth box of miscellaneous items.  I can’t believe how much clothing I have that doesn’t fit me even though it’s supposedly the correct size.  During these times I bemoan my large frame and above average height since getting clothing that fits properly is a rare or very expensive.  Thus the reason why retail therapy sessions never go well for me; I always wake up the next morning wondering what happened and why there is a bunch of ugly clothing on the floor.  It’s only a small comfort knowing that 90% of what I put into the boxes was purchased 3 or more years ago.  Just another good reason for me to avoid the mall when I’m feeling overwhelmed, but then again I do the same thing at JoAnn ECT, amassing a collection of miscellaneous crafting supplies for no conceivable reason.  At this point in time new clothing is a luxury item, and the only crafting I’m interested in is making my own clothes.  One of these days I will get brave enough to try something on my sewing machine…

Visiting day has come again at the jail and this will be our last Monday visit before the trial.  I need to remember to ask what exactly Alberto said he needed in regards to clothing so I can stop at Savers or the Goodwill.  He said he has dress shoes, but I believe he needs another pair of dress pants, a few dress shirts, and some undershirts.  I may as well take another page from my optimism book and buy him some more socks and boxers.  I have emptied drawers for him in our room, but since his dresser stayed behind when I moved in with my parents we don’t have a lot of space.  I have thrown out enormous amounts of clutter in the past week, although I cringe every time I do.  I will admit that I am a bit of a packrat but I am trying to reform.  I have all these souvenirs and keepsakes, glorified dust catchers, which I have a hard time letting go.  Sometimes I’m happy when things break ‘on accident’.

Off to bed and the quagmire of my own thoughts.  Will we be given the opportunity to move on with life here in the United States?  Solamente Dios sabe.



“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
-      Maria Robinson



Ciao



Interesting Spanish Words/Phrases:

Solamente Dios sabe                Only God knows

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything. I hope all goes well for you and your family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support! I need the support of the people around me who can understand the hell we are going through.

    ReplyDelete