Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Hashtag Srsly Ppl

I am now officially a cranky old lady. I took Ashley to the doctor this morning because her face looked awful; she woke up in the morning with little red dots all over her face and a red patch around her eye. The doctor declared my baby was suffering from a bad eczema flare up with a dash of heat rash just to make things more interesting. By the way, if any divine entities read my blog, have pity on me and stop making my life more ‘interesting’. The Doctor prescribed a special antibiotic cream for the skin around Ashley’s eye, something that wouldn't hurt or cause damage to her eye, and then suggested I put her lotion on at every opportunity.

Since they were celebrating the August birthdays at school today, I made her go to school directly after the appointment. We got lucky and found her teacher right away since they were having a fun day outside with all sorts of fun activities. Ms. Johnson was in the classroom for a cool down after having taken a quick bathroom break. This is only significant for the fact that Ms. Johnson is now 7 months pregnant with twin girls and has all my sympathy. If I had the time, motivation, or even just my own place I would have thrown her a baby shower.

After dropping Ashley off I went to the happiest place on earth, Target, to fill her new prescription. It was there that I discovered that I am, in fact, rather cranky and felt every single one of my 29 years. I blame this entirely on the pharmacist. I checked at the Pharmacy to make sure that the doctor had sent over the prescription electronically as promised and was told it would be about 10 minutes before it was ready to pick up. Spending 10 minutes in my favorite store is dangerous to my credit card, so I focused on what might help Ashley’s face (arms and legs) heal better. I picked up an Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser, an Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream, some 1% Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream, and a new bottle of nail polish because my girl is pretty easy to please.

I came back about 15 minutes later with my basket chock-full of various odds and ends, and found that Ashley’s scrip was ready, but they didn't have any health insurance information for her. It’s been a several months at least since she’s needed medicine, so I gave the assistance my card and she tried entering my information several times without success.

Just when the assistant was about to ask the Pharmacist for help, the bouncy blonde Barbie straight out of school had to answer the phone. I had to stand there and listen to her mix a little bit of work into what was otherwise a purely recreational phone call while she was on duty. It was something like this, “Blahblahblah fake prescription forms blahblah forged signatures blahblahblahblah #o-m-g #sodishonest #itwasntme…” with several pauses for the giggles that followed ever hashtag reference. I was standing there, exchanging looks with the assistant and a customer who both appeared to be in their early 40’s. The funniest thing I had heard all day was the customer mutter “Hashtag Oh M Geeeee I should get back to work like now” The Pharmacist, oblivious to all around her, finally got off the phone and began processing the insurance information for my daughter’s medicine. I was told it would take another 15 minutes before I would be all set.

I wandered around the store, looking at the bikes in particular since I want to get myself a nice bike this year, and kept checking back at the counter every 10 minutes until the assistant was able to ring me up. I officially wasted an hour of my life because of the bouncy blonde Barbie.



Hashtaging verbal conversations officially bothers me almost as much as seeing my 13 year old niece post pictures of herself in stilettos and skimpy outfits #YOLO… And then seeing her mother (my sister-in-law) comment “OMG mihija ur bonita! Te quiero mucho bebe”



Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment