Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Entreaty for Chores

I need something to do. I must have something to do before I go insane. Our wedding anniversary is coming up fast with Christmas only a few days afterwards. I emailed Molly and Lance begging for some assignments that I could complete to begin the update of our I601 waiver.

Ashley is finally recovering from a bout with strep throat, for which I am eternally grateful. She woke me up a few nights ago with a fever of 105.6° which prompted me to take her to see the doctor first thing in the morning. The fast strep test results were almost instantaneous, but I still had to wait for my mom to come home from her half day at work so I could pick up her antibiotics. I really didn't think the people shopping at Target would appreciate someone bring their sick and contagious child into the store, even if it was to pick up the medicine. I would have done it if there were no other option, but thankfully it has never come to that.

One of the difficult parts of living with my other half over 2000 miles away, is how concerned Alberto gets if Ashley has so much as a sniffle. That experience of Ashley getting so incredibly sick in Mexico will leave a lasting impression on all of us. Lord knows I have never been so frightened in my entire life. I never want to be outside of the US with a sick child even again.

Nothing continues to happen with our immigration case. The NVC should have our file by now and Lance said they will email the NVC to get a status. Here’s hoping we get a positive answer and can finally schedule the visa appointment that will allow us to finally refile the waivers and move the fuck forward.




Here I leave you with a video of my favorite Late Night Person; Craig Ferguson




Ciao
Deza



No comments:

Post a Comment