Sunday, September 22, 2013

Really?

As if I wasn’t already annoyed enough, I received the following email from the USCIS case status system:


Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Initial Review

We transferred your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, to your local USCIS Office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over your case and will send you a decision as soon as processing is complete or you will be notified if further information or action is needed. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)


INITIAL REVIEW?! Are you fucking kidding me? This petition has been approved since March of 2010! I immediately forwarded the case update email to our attorney and sent another copy to Diana in Senator Franken’s office. I am certain that Diana is not going to be of assistance until we get back to consular processing, but I still plan on making as many government officials uncomfortable as possible.


To: Diana

Please find the forwarded email as the system notification I received from the USCIS regarding the status of our I-130 Petition on Saturday morning. I have already forwarded the email to our attorney who was just as baffled as I was at this 'new' status on a petition that was approved back in March of 2010.

Lance submitted an email to the USCIS on Sunday, informing the USCIS to send our file to the NVC to resume processing or we will commence an action in federal district court to compel USCIS to act.  Lance mentioned that we have experienced substantial, heartless hardship due to the mishandling of this matter for year - which is nothing but the truth.

My daughter was invited to a birthday party on Saturday at the mega mall and insisted that we stop at each fountain we passed so we could toss in a coin and make a wish. She wished the following: "I wish Daddy could come home so Mommy could stop being sad", "I wish we had the money to go see Daddy in Mexico", and the most painful for me to hear "I wish Daddy were home so I could have a little brother".

I just don't even know what to do anymore.
With hope,

Deza


To: Deza

Thanks for the Update. I am continuing to follow up with the USCIS and am hoping to have a more substantial update for you shortly.

Best,

Diana


The USCIS continues to dig under the soapbox they are standing upon and it’s only a matter of time before everything falls through when the foundation finally crumbles. It was never my intention for this process to become a crusade against the ridiculous bans that impose pain and suffering upon the family and friends of the intended immigrant. I don’t want to be considered some immigration martyr who fought to the bitter end only to lose her heart and soul in the process. 


Alberto screwed up, ok; he made a mistake and has been severely punished for it. Isn’t 5 years exiled from his only child a high enough penalty? What price would you put on the opportunity to see your child grow from a helpless infant to a lively Kindergartener? He was ordered to pay $10,000 in restitution for a crime his brother committed; does that make his punishment extreme enough? Should we add the hardship endured by his wife to this equation? What value would you assign to a destroyed credit rating, insomnia, prescription anti-depressants, an inability to enjoy life, and the tears that are shed in private? You can take the tiny pieces of a shattered heart and glue them back together, but that heart will never again be what it once was.


Insanity is living in a constant state of upheaval and chaos amid the ruins of ones hopes and dreams.
~ Deza Mendez



Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment