Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I bite my thumb at you, sir

Brian pisses me off.  I hardly have words to describe the anger the man is capable of generating in me.  It would have been an ugly thing if I had run into him today after the newest outrage.  I swear that if I had the means, I would fire this clown in a heartbeat.
 
It all started last week when the hearing regarding our motion to contest restitution was rescheduled AGAIN, because the Writ was not served in enough time.  I gather the counties only require a few days’ notice to transfer a detainee, whereas immigration needs a minimum of 2 weeks to process such a request.  Brian forwarded me a series of email between himself, the prosecutor, and the clerk of court as they went back and forth setting a new date.  Brian requested June 7th at 2:45 pm, which was fine with the prosecutor, however the Judge was in trial at that time so the clerk offered several different times on the same day.  Maybe I’ll just let you read parts of the email change so you can see why they irritate me so.  It starts from the most recent and ends with the forwarded email chain.

From: Deza
To: Tanya
Cc: Brian
 
I confirm that I have received and read this notice, however there may be an issue with this date.

We have our 10th immigration hearing the morning of June 11th, so it is in the best interest of all parties involved to verify whether or not USICE is willing to send Alberto directly to ********* jail after the immigration hearing is concluded.

We both want to see this matter resolved. In fact Alberto was wondering if the prosecutor would be willing to reduce the conviction level should Alberto agree to pay restitution since their ability to collect is contingent on whether Alberto is allowed to stay in the United States.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

From: Tanya
To: Deza
Cc: Brian
 
Hi Deza.  We received notice last week from the prosecution that 2:45 on June 7th doesn’t work due to a trial conflict.

I just now confirmed a new hearing date of Tuesday, June 12th at 8:45am.

Please confirm you received this notification.

Thanks

From: Deza
To: Brian
Cc: Tanya
 
I saw that you asked for June 7th at 2:45 pm.

The clerk stated that June 7 would work, however because they are on a trial that week they would need to hold the hearing at 8:45, 9:00, 1:15, or 1:30 – (Prosecutor) said any of those times work for the state, and at that point you forwarded me the email.

This is why I thought you were looking for my opinion.  Did the court decide to proceed with the hearing at 2:45 pm after all?

Thanks

From: Brian
To: Deza

The time that I scheduled this matter for is the only time that I can do it within the next few weeks.

From my EVO 3d

From: Deza
To: Brian
Cc: Tanya

What is the only time you are available? 

There will be a cashiers check in the mail come Monday, and I will resume making bi-weekly payments of as much as I can afford.  Between immigration filing fees and car trouble I was in the hole at the end of these last few months.

Thanks
From: Brian
To: Deza

this is the only time that I am available.  any luck on taking care of that invoice or at least making a payment?

Please advise

From my EVO 3d

From: Deza
To: Brian
Cc:  Tanya

Hi Brian:

If you want my preference the 1:30 pm would work best, but I could be there for a 9 am hearing also.
Thank you

From: Brian
To: Deza


Brian
Attorney at Law   
 
 -----Original Message-----
From: Prosecutor
To: Clerk of Court
Cc: Brian; Tanya

All work for the State.

From:   Clerk of Court
To:     Brian, Prosecutor
Cc:     Tanya
The 7th works for the Court. However, since we are on a trial week that week, we would need to hold this hearing at 8:45, 9:00, 1:15, or 1:30. Do any of those times work for both parties?

From: Brian
To: Prosecutor
Cc: Clerk of Court; Tanya

Does that time work for everyone?
Sent from my Ipad2

From: Prosecutor
To: Brian
Cc: Clerk of Court, Tanya

June 7th works.

Prosecutor

From:    Brian
To:    Prosecutor, Clerk of Court
Cc:    Tanya

Or I could do June 7, 2012 at 2:45p.m.
Please advise.
[………]

You know what, I think this post speaks for itself.  I’ve got nothing more to say on this subject right now.



“When angry, county to four.  When very angry, swear.”
-      Mark Twain



Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment