Sunday, April 8, 2012

April Showers…

A weight loss update is a good beginning for this particular post.  I may not be losing a lot of weight so far, but the inches are coming off so I must be doing something right!  My latest data is from this morning; so far I’ve lost .9 lbs and 9.75 inches in the three weeks I’ve been on the New Leaf program.  I feel better since I’ve been exercising and using the calorie counter on MFP helps me think before I eat something.  I still have to ask myself if I’m really hungry or if I’m just bored, but I think I’m getting better at avoiding the mindless munching.  I’ve missed two weight lifting sessions so far, one because I fell asleep and the other because I was too sore to lift any weights.  I will not allow myself to skip any other weight lifting sessions.

Ashley had her first dental appointment on Thursday and it went much better than I was afraid of.  I got to fill out the small mountain of paperwork, while she got to watch ‘Dudley dinosaur goes to the dentist’ on the TV.  I should mention that this is a pediatric dental office with every amenity possible to help keep children from freaking out.  We had been to this office before when Ashley had a tooth that was changing color as the result of a fall.  Since she was very unhappy after that past appointment because the dentist pushed and pulled on the tooth in question to make sure it wasn’t loose, I was worried how this appointment was going to go.  They painted her teeth pink to show us how she needs to be brushing, and she was very good while the hygienist was polishing her teeth.  She got up multiple times while we were waiting for the dentist because she was bored and she allowed him to pick her teeth without a fuss.  She got 2 stickers, a tiny plastic kitty, and super ball for being a good girl.   She was so happy with her new treasures.

After the dentist, we had an egg hunt that was being held by her Preschool to attend.  It was so much fun watching the kids running over the field looking for eggs.  We would walk to an egg 25 feet away, and pass three other ones in the grass that Ashley wouldn’t even notice.  She found 19 florescent plastic eggs in the grass without my help.  She was excited to tell her Daddy about all of the adventures when we went out to visit him.

Fridays, especially the one that are also pay days, are the best day of the week for me.  The work week is almost behind you with the weekend ahead of you, I mean what could be better right?  It does make me sad when my bank account finally receives my paycheck, but barely holds onto the money for a full day before it’s all gone again.  This Friday Ashley spent the day with her abuelita because school was closed for the Easter Holiday.  I figured it she would have plenty of fun since her cousins were also off school for the holiday, so I wasn’t too worried when her Leapster ended up staying home for the day.  When I went to pick her up, Ashley pitched a fit because she wanted to go and visit her daddy.  I tried to reason with her and explain that we can only see her daddy on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.  She wasn’t listening to reason, which doesn’t surprise me in the least, and continued to argue with me in the car.  “MamĂ­ you’re going the WRONG WAY!  You need to go this way!”  I told her yet again we couldn’t visit Alberto today and she burst into tears because she wanted to see her daddy.  I want someone to explain to me again why my husband deserves to be in jail while we wait for immigration.  When I go to the immigration hearings Alberto is always wearing leg irons and hand cuffs; at every single hearing for the criminal case he wasn’t restrained in any way shape or form!  Even before the charges of Assault 1 and Assault 2 were dropped due to the plea bargain.  The county didn’t believe he was a threat so why does USICE insist he is?

Sunday was Easter and we had a small Easter egg hunt in the backyard for the girls.  I hid eggs in flower pots, behind trees, in bushes, and in the grass.  It was sweet watching the girls help each other find Easter eggs, and they were both adorable in their Easter dresses.  Ashley would not let me change her out of her dress all day, well until she had an incident when the dress got in the way on a potty break.  Otherwise she was swishing her skirt whenever she walked.

I hope that we see some progress in our immigration case this week!  We’re going to the continuance Monday, April 16th since we really don’t have another option, but please let the medical exam be done by then at least!



“Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress.”

Nicholas Murray Butler



Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment