Monday, January 2, 2012

No Brain Required

So here we are yet again, held captive with no other choice but to wait and see.  Have I mentioned before how much I hate the whole ‘wait and see’ philosophy of life?  The attorney representing the government has shown us that they are incapable of thinking logically.  Lance requested a copy of the parole documentation on Alberto in order to prepare our petition for relief which we need to bring to the hearing.  I guess the difference in what type of parole was granted will determine if Alberto can adjust status here, or if he will have to return to Mexico first.  The government attorney told Lance that he would provide the document for him at the hearing Thursday.  Lance countered with the fact that we are expected to identify the type of relief we are seeking, which we cannot prepare for if we don’t know which type of parole Alberto was given.  I wonder what it would be like to work somewhere where the application states, ‘Brain preferred but not required’.  I’ll admit my opinion of government employees is at an all-time low, but if you read the news I’m sure you understand how that opinion was formed.

There is something that I want more than anything in the world right now, that I would give anything to be able to do.  I want to pick up the phone and call my husband just to hear his voice.  It doesn’t matter that we usually don’t have much to talk about or that I visit him 3 times a week now, I want to call him and hear his voice.  I want to talk to him about everything and nothing.  I want him to be here, suffering through this by my side.  I want to wash his clothes and complain about the condition of his socks; I just bought these last week how did you already get holes in them?!  I want to annoy him with my rampant disorganization that comes when I decide to clean everything all at once.  I want to go to Taqueria Los Ocampos and make him order for me because the girl at the counter looks at me funny.  I want a lazy Sunday spent watching an action movie, followed by whatever comedy I picked out.  I want to be awake at 2 in the morning; not because I can’t sleep, but because my husband has been talking for 3 hours and there is no end in sight.  I want everything I took for granted while Alberto was here with me.  I want Ashley to run to her PapĂ­ to ask him after I already said no, even though that would probably irritate the ever living crap out of me.  I will take whatever I can get.


I’m pissed off at Brian right now.  I sent him an email back on the 18th of December and have yet to receive a response.  I know that two Holidays have passed since then so I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt instead of deciding that he is ignoring me.  I need to know when the sentence would be up for Alberto so we can stall if need before he’s released from jail.  I resent the email this morning, copying his partner and the legal assistant so I hope to get a response.  I am done being tolerant of this situation.  If they can’t get me a simple statement, well I’m hard pressed to find the time to get a cashier’s check to mail them.  I’m looking into whether I can use the ‘Full and Final’ trick on them when I get my tax refund this year.  I’m not disputing their bill after all; they just refuse to tell me how much they‘ve decided I owe them.

My goal of today is to remember to bring home the list of addresses for the people I’m sending Christmas cards to.  Yes, I am that far behind and it is mostly my own fault.  This is a new year and as such it’s a good time to begin to have a new outlook on life.  Maybe tomorrow I’ll have something more inspiring to say.



For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice.
T. S. Eliot



Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment