Sunday, September 11, 2011

Potty-trained Preschooler on the loose

We managed to get Ashley potty-trained just in time for her to start going to Preschool this Wednesday.  She is enjoying it from what I can tell, and the teachers have mostly good things to say about her.  She loves to help clean up, but she has trouble keeping quiet during ‘rest time’.  She hasn’t had any accidents and doesn’t seem to be scrapping with any of the kids in her class.  This may be just the thing to help Ashley move onto the next step communication wise.  It would be nice if she started using full sentences to tell us what she needs or wants.  I just feel bad that I don’t get off early enough in the day to go and pick her up myself.  Mondays will be different though, if we continue going to visit Alberto as we have in the past.  I really don’t know how this is going to work out though, what I do know is that I’m going to have to think extra hard about where I need to go after work every day.

I received a letter in the mail on Friday from Alberto.  I love it when I get mail from Alberto because I know when he wrote that letter he was thinking of me.  I was just thinking the other day that I should get a nice box to put the letters in so I can keep them safe, although to be honest with myself they end up staying in my purse anyhow.  Alberto is miffed at me because I was supposed to call my mother-in-law this weekend to find out who is going with me to visit on Monday and I forgot as usual.  I happen to forget things all the damn time, usually if it involves something I don’t particularly want to do like call my mother-in-law.  I bet at this very moment I am forgetting something that I was supposed to do which will cause Alberto to become exasperated.  I do remember, since he reminded me tonight, that he requested that I find him a prayer book.  I found what I hope he was looking for on Amazon.com, and I’m somewhat irritated that shipping cost more than the book itself.  I think I’ll keep that little nugget to myself, Lord knows I don’t need to give Alberto any reasons to get annoyed with me since he’s proficient at that all by himself.  I’m also supposed to come up with song lyrics for him, but one of the bands he’s listed doesn’t appear to exist.  We’re already discussed this particular song and band, and he’s stubbornly refusing to acknowledge that he has the name misspelled.

 
Today, Ashley and I went to church.  It’s been awhile, but I think I want to start going on a regular basis again.  After mass I ran into the Leader of the Youth Social Ministry team I belonged to in high school.  I think she was surprised to see me at church, but we chatted for a few minutes and I asked her to call or text me sometime.  I feel like since she was a part of my life before Alberto and to a lesser degree after I met him, that she might be a good person to talk with about what we are going through right now.  I feel like I need to talk about it, and I am healed enough to hold my emotions back.  She could be a good person to write a letter on what Alberto has meant to me and how he influenced me for the better.  I used to be much more involved with the church and I miss that connection.  Maybe God put Lynn in my path today for a reason, so I will follow this road to see where it leads me.

After church, we enjoyed a lazy afternoon of absolutely nothing at home.  After Ashley went down for a nap I went out to run some errands.  My first stop of the local YMCA to sign Ashley up for swimming lessons since you can’t live in the land of 10,000 lakes without knowing how to swim!  I think they deport you to Wisconsin if you can’t swim and we can’t have that happening.  Ashley is much too brave in the water.  The last time we went swimming, she walked out into deeper water until she almost couldn’t touch and I had to snatch the back of her swimming suit to keep her from going under.  We had been playing catch with a floating ball in the shallow end where the water was only up to her waist until she was distracted by her cousin and grandma in the deeper water.  My last stop was the grocery store to pick up French fries for dinner, and Slim-Fast products for me. 

I have another pet peeve that we are going to address right this minute.  Attention everyone: I am fat.  Do not coddle or pander to me a moment longer!  You are not helping when you say I’m “not fat” or that I’m “just tall so naturally I am heavier than average”.  BULLSHIT.  The results are in from my doctor and not only am I fat, I’m considered to be borderline obese.  The doctor said that I should be at 170 pounds to be on the heavier side of healthy, and to get there I would need to lose 45 pounds.  I’ll let you do the math to figure out what my current weigh t is.  The diet starts tomorrow, and the exercise regime shortly there-after.  I refuse to let myself get any bigger, there is no excuse for me to disrespect my body this way.

Hopefully I’ll have enough money left over this month to take the settlement offer I got in the mail from the most annoying collection agency I have encountered yet.  They’re offering to settle my account with them for 40% of the balance I owe which is usually my goal when I enter negotiations when I get my tax refund.  I wonder how many account I will manage to close out this year.

I’m going to go to bed so I can rest up for what promises to be an irritating day. 



“The best way to lose weight is to eat all you want of everything you don’t like.”



Ciao



Interesting Spanish words/phrases from this post:


No comments:

Post a Comment